Thanks for emailing that article!
Job Title: Event and Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director of Development
Location: San Francisco, CA
Founded in 1978 and headquartered in San Francisco, Glaucoma Research Foundation is America’s oldest and most experienced nonprofit dedicated solely to its mission: to prevent vision loss from glaucoma by investing in innovative research, education and support with the ultimate goal of finding a cure. More information is available at www.glaucoma.org.
Summary: Under the direction of the Executive Director of Development and in collaboration with the Director of Special Events, this position will provide direct support for all Glaucoma Research Foundation (GRF) events and functions and coordinate various constituency volunteers in order to further GRF’s reach throughout the United States. Events include Glaucoma 360, which consists of the Annual Benefit Gala, New Horizons Forum, and the Glaucoma Symposium CME, as well as donor cultivation events, Board of Directors receptions, Annual Meeting Dinner, receptions at ophthalmic meetings and President’s Teleconferences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direct support for all GRF events including:
- Working with key staff to build a robust invitation list and coordinate mailings
- Utilizing Raisers Edge and other online databases to manage RSVP lists and provide regular reports to staff
- Providing briefing materials on key attendees for GRF leadership
- Organizing various event logistics including the production of nametags, check-in lists; working with vendors, onsite staff and volunteers for all event set-up, production and teardown tasks
- Post-event activities including thank you letters, survey execution and other follow up tasks
- Manage specific aspects of Glaucoma 360 including:
- Coordination and briefing of all speakers and presenters including collection of photos, bios, slides, release forms and assisting with travel arrangements
- Development of exhibitor materials and acting as main liaison with exhibitors
- Assisting the sales team with the assembling and mailing of sponsorship packets
- Managing all aspects of the Annual Benefit Auction including the procurement of items, auction production and fulfillment
- Lead GRF’s involvement in ophthalmic meetings including:
- Exhibit hall and staff registration
- Organizing logistical details for any GRF hosted events at the meetings (such as the AAO reception and the Councilors Breakfast at AGS)
- Shipment of supplies and exhibit materials and the creation of an exhibit booth schedule to ensure adequate GRF representation
2. Volunteer Management:
- Recruit, manage and steward volunteers for various GRF events including Glaucoma 360
- In cooperation with the Executive Director of Development, work closely with regional volunteers to promote GRF through events and fundraising activities
- Provide leadership to current GRF Councilors including regular communications, provision of educational materials, training and coaching for their roles as advocates of GRF. Identify new physician partners for the Councilor program as well as methods to engage physicians to promote our mission and maximize grateful patient identification.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or at least two years in special event planning/administration, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated track record of success in execution of special events logistics
- Gala and conference/meeting management experience highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to recruit and engage volunteers. Work closely with other team members and volunteers in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with colleagues, Board of Directors, donors, physician partners and volunteers. Must be able to motivate and assign tasks to volunteers
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
- Resourcefulness and problem solving acumen
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Attention to detail and ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Must be a team player and display a positive attitude, committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer-service orientation
- Proficiency with MS Office, and knowledge of Blackbaud software applications including Raiser’s Edge and online event registration systems such as Cvent are preferred
Please email resume, cover letter and recent salary history to Catalina San Agustin, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please